Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Books on my shelf

I buy books practically every week. So, not having bought any book for a couple of days, I was itching to get some. But can’t just pick up anything, so I visited Smita’s Blog and hunted for my kind of books. Right now, after having read serious stuff like about Mahabharata and Mughal dynasty, I wanted to read some god chiklit or anything refreshingly different.

I finally zeroed in on the following books:

  • The Waiting Room by Anupa Mehta
  • Time Stops at Shamli by Ruskin Bond (can you believe it, I have never read a Ruskin Bond!)
  • The Cradle Snatcher by Tim Stimson
  • Faking it by Amrita Chowdhury

I have already lined up the following books for my next binge:

  • Remember Me? By Sophie Kinsella (‘Twenties Girl’ not available yet)
  • Dreams Die Young by C.V.Murali
  • Curfewed Night by Basharat Peer

2 comments:

  1. wow!!! Congrats for the purchases :) this is one of the reasons that I love coming to your blog because at times I see me in you :-)

    Of all the books that you have picked, 'waiting room' was one such book that had affected me on a different level..hope u like all the books!!!

    And as soon as u 20s girl on rack please tell me too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely.....and I feel the same about your blog too. That is the reason why I just went to your blog when I wanted to select books for buying! Keep coming back :)

    ReplyDelete